Sunday, June 7, 2009

Truth: I Heart Chicago Public Library

Oh, let's just get it out there: I will play favorites when it comes to the Chicago Public Library. This was one of the first library systems to get behind my debut novel in a big way--inviting me out to meet a bunch of their libraries, sending me to local schools, especially the ones in the inner city, asking me to speak at their conference where I proceeded to CRY onstage!

Anyhow, Chicago Public Library also has this amazing Teen Volume program where teens enact scenes from books. For the last couple of years, they've included Patty from NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH (AND A FEW WHITE LIES). They just took her to a conference in the last week or so.

And then Mrs. Magoo just reviewed the book on her blog.

Today, I'm so grateful to people who are keeping my first novel alive and well. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. That is really fabulous news about the recognition that your first book is getting (again). As much as I ADORE your third book, NORTH OF BEAUTIFUL, I think that Books #1 and #2 were just as brilliant...and despite the success that they have enjoyed, I'll bet that there are still lots of people out there who haven't read them. If you're one of those people, go to your library today!

    I have been meaning to re-read both books; maybe after my second reading I can try to guess which scene the CPL Teen Volume actors chose to dramatize...or do you want to just tell us which pages to read?

    I would love to see these books as movies!!

    ReplyDelete