Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Manuscripts in a Library Collection!

Holy guacamole! The University of Minnesota just asked for my manuscript materials to house in their Kerlan Collection. This is so extraordinary to me since I remember trolling the libraries at Stanford, looking at the manuscripts kept there. There was magic in those manuscripts; I could feel the novels taking shape, version after version.

While I can't imagine a single instance where a researcher would want to look at my research notes and scribbled upon manuscript pages, this is still so...surreal...and cool.

Today I am grateful for curators like Karen Nelson Hoyle who relish young adult novels. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a great honor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific news! Notes scribbled on manuscripts are treasure -- a moment of witnessing the illusive creative mind. ~ ~ ~

    ReplyDelete