Saturday, February 9, 2013

Dear Teen Me



When my publicist asked if I could write an essay for Dear Teen Me, I immediately said, YES. I've been a fan of the blog since the original book was published. And then...I found out that I had to post a few photos from my high school years. Why the pixie hair cut? Why the permed hair phase? Why?

Here's an excerpt of the letter:

Dear Teen Me,

You are sitting in front of a typewriter, glaring at the college application form to Stanford. Your parents insist that you apply there even though your heart is set on Berkeley. Just as you’re about to type a random idea to sabotage your application, the essay question actually intrigues you: Whom would you most like to spend a day with and why?

You write: Myself when I’m ancient-old. And all I want to know is, am I happy?

So here I am, your college essay dream come true: ancient-old at 44 and armed with an answer and some advice.
For the full essay, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment