Sunday, February 24, 2013

Creative Process: Vision Boarding

So curious about other people's creative process: how do you take your ideas and see them to fruition? One of my favorite exercises is to create a vision board of my new work. Essentially, I map out the character, journey, goals, and mood in a collage. And use that piece of handmade art as my north star from discovery draft to final manuscript.

On NOVL, my publisher's Tumblr that celebrates YA novels, I divulge the messy, chaotic creative process at work. 

To read the full post, click right here.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I love that the creative process is where we are allowed to be messy! I think it's hard for some artists to hold that uncertainty and mess, and have faith it will resolve and lead to something sharp and wonderful

    ReplyDelete