Monday, December 7, 2009

Enjoying Beauty Everywhere

Life has been super hectic lately. So I love to transport myself to my new all-time favorite urban garden...the one in New York--the one so beautifully captured in Peter Brown's picture book, THE CURIOUS GARDEN. I love how some guerilla gardeners took over this line of overhead railway, abandoned in the 40s. Over the summer, I took my kiddos there for a moment of reprieve. Just look at the furniture built on top of abandoned railroad tracks. These benches are on casters so they can MOVE. How cool is that?

Beautiful, yes?

4 comments:

  1. We just visited that garden a few months ago - so beautiful! I love that picture of you: soul of peace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina,
    I love the picture of you relaxing in the NY garden. Where is it? Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great photo of you on the Railroad Furniture--great summer memories on this chilly drippy September Monday morning! Meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. I bet it's a bit colder today than when that photowas taken!

    ReplyDelete